After this lesson, you should be able to:
- Describe the source of a wave as an accelerating charge
- Describe with the use of a diagram how an electromagnetic wave consists of electric and magnetic fields oscillating at right angles to each other and mutually generating one another
- State that these mutually regenerating fields propagate through space at a constant speed, the speed of light, represented by c.
- List the main types of electromagnetic radiation and arrange them in order of increasing frequency or wavelength.
- Calculate the frequency of an electromagnetic wave given its wavelength and vice-versa using c = f \(\lambda\)
- Give examples of uses of the different types of electromagnetic radiation
- Discuss possible dangers associated with different types of radiation
- Define a photon and calculate its energy using E = h f = h c / \(\lambda\)
Subscribe to Grade 10
R100 per month
This includes all subjects
Subscribe to Grade 10 > Physics
R60 per month
20 lessons in Physics